Monday, June 21, 2010

Girl Crush at Pride Fest 2010

I instantly fell in love with this girl as soon as I noticed that she was indeed a girl. When I thought she was a boy, I dismissed her as simply a hipster and probably a gay one. The beauty of pride fest in the gender ambiguity of it all. Is that a feminine gay guy or a masculine lesbian? Hard to tell. What really made me look closer at her was her flared jeans and the way she walked. There was certainly a femininty about it. Then I noticed her height and her baby face. Awww a 12 year old boy going to play guitar at pride fest! How cute! Oh shit that's a girl! I think that was the moment I started salivating. I mean seriously she looked like a young Kaia in her Team Dresch days with her guitar held onto her by the hem of a pair of jeans and a plaid shirt with a bandana tied around her forehead. How could I not fall in love? The sad part is that I may have had a chance. I swear she kept glancing at me, and I swore it was not all in my head. I almost think she sat by me for a reason, and she was disapointed in me for not talking to her. I thought of so may conversation starters in my head like how I could ask for a cigarette and complement her guitar. I mean it's so easy to talk to someone with a fucking guitar! She probably brought it for that very reason. I need to work on my guitar playing so I can serenade girls at pride fest next year. I can't stop hating myself for not talking to her. It wouldn't leave my head until Nate arrived later that evening. Before Nate it was starting to ruin my pride fest. I couldn't find her again. All I could do was constantly keep looking.

Kaia
Kaia from Team Dresch

I never really knew that I was into that type a girl. I always thought that if I dated a girl she would be really feminine, but I saw lots of feminine girls at pride fest, and none of them caught my interest. They looked too full of themselves. Like they expect you to impress them, and they didn't look worth impressing to me. The girl with the guitar looked like the stereotypical "emotional rocker" that girls fall for but even more hippie-ish for my taste. She seemed like the type of girl I could have a really adorable relationship with, and she would really care about me. Which maybe is a good thing I didn't get the nerve to talk to her because I already have that type of relationship with my boyfriend, and our open relationship is thought to be purely for sexual exploratation. I wouldn't want to do anything to ruin our amazing relationship.

Anyways as I was making up situations in my head of what might of happened as I layed in bed after the event, and I realized that she might have been promiscuous. I mean girls that look boys get lots of girls. I mean look at Shane from the L Word: everyone fell in love with her. I don't know who is in my league since I haven't had much experiance with more boyish looking lesbians. I am sure that girl could get anyone she wanted.

shane

1 comment: